Friday, November 11, 2005

Tales of the gym and the mall.....

I took Kyra with me to the gym this morning. We went to a different one than we normally go to, so she was quite unfamiliar with it. I wasn't worried though. I figured she'd be fine. I went to work out upstairs on the cardio equipment and I could see her from above. She was so cute. See, Kyra is very shy and very sensitive and doesn't approach kiddos that easily. If they approach her, she's fine. She'll play with them and talk nonstop. It was sort of sad seeing her having a tough time approaching kiddos. I could tell that she wanted to play with the other girls, but she just didn't have the guts to go up to them. I've noticed that she still "parallel plays" in that she'll play by other kids, but not with them. School is a totally different story though. She has her friends and she interacts, mingles, holds hands, etc. She even learned more names this week! I'm so proud of her!

Then we headed to the mall. The first thing that we notice are the huge, elaborate Christmas decorations. Then we see none other than Santa himself. Goodness. Looks like Santa might just be making an appearance on the 4th of July one of these years. How early does he arrive? I remember when he would arrive after Thanksgiving. Boy times have changed. Kyra begged to sit on his lap, but I told her that Maeve would be very upset if we forgot about her. She understood. Besides, I want to dress the girls in matching shirts and take them. I'm hoping to get them in there soon because it's going to be a madhouse after Thanksgiving. Plus, Maeve still does pretty well with strangers which is another reason we need to go soon. Maybe I'll take them next week.

No comments: