Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Food for thought....

Crap. The holiday season really is around the corner. The entire downtown area is adorned with decorations and today I saw huge wreaths being hung on all of the bank buildings. *sigh* I'm really not ready this year.

I just realized that the Christmas tree will have to go up soon. This *could* be a good thing because Maeve is so clingy to me and perhaps this will provide some entertainment for her. OR this *could* be a bad thing because it just might give her more incentive to become mobile. Let's pray that doesn't happen. I'm not ready for that either.

Tonight Kyra prayed for ladies, daddies, fans, lamps, doors, and children. I love that kid. She's strange, but I love her.

I was in the car and listening to the radio and heard that a certain station is a mix of the 80's and 90's. I started pondering what we'd call this decade when it's over with. The "zeros"? LOL! Anybody got better ideas?

I absolutely cannot stand roadkill. When I drive by it, I look away or close my eyes for a second. That really can't be good when you're driving.

I hate the scale.

I cracked up laughing last night when Richard was imitating his late grandfather. It was so funny. (Shhhhh don't tell him, but Richard reminds me more of his grandfather everyday.....his grandfather's name was also Richard!)

Did I mention that I hate the scale?

If one more person comes to the door and rings the doorbell during Maeve's nap, I'm going to open the door and spit fire at them. I'm NOT kidding. I guess I'll have to make my "Don't knock or ring doorbell....baby sleeping" signs again. Not that they know how to read.

I wonder how many trees could be saved by obliterating all of the junk mail. I swear that's all that's in my mailbox these days.

Where is the cooler weather? I'm sick of running the a/c in November and I'm itching to dress the girls in their fall/winter attire!

1 comment:

Jen said...

YOu'll be ready when it gets here. You don't have to start early like everybody else. They're just doing it to attract business, anyway. What better way to say "hey, we've got all our Christmas stock in and are ready for you to blow your income on it!" ?