Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Let the countdown begin.....

I went to the grocery store today and noticed that the "seasonal" aisle is now in transition. The candy corn is now being replaced with candy canes. Wrapping paper is starting to take on a look that reflects that all important day in December. The card aisle contains colors of red and green. Yep, it's coming folks.

There are a few important things that I must do this year. #1 is to make/find Maeve a stocking. Since our local mall is now full of the fancy, schmancy stores, I doubt that there will be a Christmas store this year. That sucks. I'm almost 99.9% sure that I'll have to make one on my own. Heck, I'll head on over to Hobby Lobby and find a stocking, some glitter, and some glue and get Kyra in on the "arts and crafts" project. She'll love that. #2 is that I must get Maeve a "1st Christmas" ornament. I got one for Kyra and it has her little picture in it. So it's only right to have one of her sister adorning the tree this year.

Ahhhh...the Christmas tree. That should be fun this year. See at Christmas, I'll have an 8 month old. I have a feeling that mobility with strike with Maeve right around the same time. Lovely. I guess since I've survived Christmases with Mia and Kyra, I'll survive this one too with Maeve. Hopefully all will go smoothly without a trip to the ER.

I have VOWED to myself that I would do ALL of my Christmas shopping online this year. So, I'm starting this week. I got on the Old Navy site tonight, but it kept wigging out on me. Turns out that they are doing some site maintenance right now. Geez. Of all freakin nights! I want to shop NOW! I want the bargains NOW!

I can't wait to take the girls to see Santa. Kyra will be thrilled. I just can't wait to see what Maeve does. She really doesn't have that "stranger anxiety" yet. I bet it'll hit soon though....just in time for pics with Santa. I can see it now. I'll have one kid that's giddy beyond words and one that's screaming her head off! LOL!

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's so neat to be able to read about the excitement of a mom with a new baby for the holidays! I'm sure it will be all fun and nothing bad. You have some fun things planned and some neat ideas. I'm excited for you guys!