Saturday, February 11, 2006

As the nose runs.....

Maeve has a stuffy nose today. Wonderful. That means that she's working on toofie #7. I felt in her mouth and sure enough, there's a bump on top AGAIN. That would make 5 teeth on top and just 2 on the bottom. I took her to the doctor for her 9 month checkup the other week and the pediatrician looked in her mouth and said, "Woah!" My thoughts exactly. I wish the teething gods would give this kid a break already. Geez! She was extra fussy today and didn't nap for more than 45 minutes at a time, so we are in for a rough few days. Ugh.

On another note, Kyra, Richard, and I were watching TV and this is what conversation commenced.

Kyra: "Daddy, can I speak to you ALONE in my room?"

Richard: "Sure Kyra."

Me: "I can't come? When will I find out what you two are talking about?"

Kyra: "In about 20 years!"

WTF?

They went in her room and "talked" but I never did find out what was so important that she just HAD to talk to her daddy and not me. :(

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow- that kid is cranking them out, isn't she? I wonder what early and massive teething means as far as other growth and developmental issues go?

As for Kyra- she was probably just playacting something she saw on t.v. and wanted to see what kind of reaction it would get.

How weird, though...

You should live at my house- Tess peed in her crate at 3am and proceeded to then refuse to sleep in it and yowled and clawed at the metal crate door until morning. She knows better but she does it to herself anyway (especially now that she's in the big crate by herself since I got Leila her own because Tess was picking fighst with her in the middle of the night). I'm not going to get up, clean it for her and put her back in a clean bed- she can live with it or she can quit. Well, her shrieking upset Leila, who doesn't like having her own bed and would gladly trade ass-kickings by Tess for some company. I just shut the bathroom door on the noise so they wouldn't wake up Kevin. Then I was awake until 5am. At 7am Kansas started puking. When that happens, I just wait until whoever is puking is done and then I change bedding or throw a towel over it until it's time to get up. This is the second time Kevin has assumed I'm sleeping through it and gone flying out of bed. I'm like "what are you going to do? let her out so she can vomit on the carpet? Just leave her in there until she's done and then I'll get up and deal with it.

One thing I miss about the apartment in Indy is that the kitchen was huge and all linoleum, so if somebody was puking, we trained them to run to the hard floor and spare the carpet.

So much for sleeping in a bit on Kevin's only day off!

Kim said...

Oh Jen! I hope you got some rest today! I hope all of the critters are feeling better too! I know you care about them because they're your "babies" though.

I've heard that the earlier they teethe, the earlier they lose their baby teeth. Kyra got her 1st tooth at 4 months. I think that she'll probably lose one within another year or so. *sigh*

Lynda said...

I would have had my ear to the door. I am just too nosy. lol.

Is your birthday coming up?

Kim said...

Lynda, Jen's birthday is March 10th and mine is March 14th!