Wednesday, February 08, 2006

This consistently cracks me up....

http://www.khou.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=9

This is a weather message board from a TV station in Houston. I was tuned into it during the impending landfall of Hurricane Rita. I kept it in my "favorites" and visit it from time to time....especially when I want a good laugh. Some of the people that post on it are obsessed with it snowing in Texas. Well, not just Texas, but Southeast Texas! Why are they so obsessed, you ask? Well, on December 24, 2004, pigs flew, shrimp whistled (you get the point), and snow fell along the Texas coast. My hometown of Victoria received a foot of snow. Yes, all of the folks down there woke up to a White Christmas. So, it's the mission of the people on this message board to take everything literally. When the temperature is predicted to be below 32 or rain or frozen precipitation is mentioned, they automatically think "snow" and start wetting their pants. They are obsessed with models and forecasts and predictions. It's hilarious! Go there and read some of the messages yourself. I've never come across people so passionate about the weather.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I cannot believe they are still stuck on that. I thought they'd have given it up by now. I mean, have they watched the weather or stepped outside, lately?

Jen said...

You know what it is, don't you? A bunch of rednecks finally got their hands on internet capabilities.

"Gee, I hope it's cold enough in the middle of the night over the weekend- I'll make me some snow with my pressure washer...."

Must be Britney's relatives...

Kim said...

LMAO! Jen, you crack me up.

Emily said...

...but...but.....snow is cool.....

LOL