Monday, February 13, 2006

Dental love.....

I'm so proud of my hubby today. In about 30 minutes, Richard is having a TON of dental work done. They said that it's going to take about an hour and a half to get it all done and that's just ON ONE SIDE of his mouth! He will have to go back for them to finish the other side.

Richard has been putting off going to the dentist for years now. All of the 8 fillings in his mouth need to be replaced. He has a new cavity that's going to have to be filled. He hasn't had his teeth cleaned in years, so I'm sure that his teeth and his gums will appreciate the cleaning that's going to happen when all of the other work is done.

Richard HATES everything associated with the dentist. Seriously. He won't even go with me to Kyra's dentist. I think it really stems from bad experiences as a child. That's why it's my mission to let Kyra and Maeve have the most positive experiences. I had a wonderful dentist and a wonderful orthodontist too, so the many trips to visit both of them didn't bother me at all.

Richard made it his mission to get his teeth taken care of this year. He's also got some nose issues, so he'll be headed to an ENT soon as well. I'm really proud of him. He'll slowly realize that doctors are not bad people. ;) Every time he complains, I say, "Look, I endured 2 pregnancies and had 2 c-sections, so your situation is a piece of cake!"

Oh and this must be the week of teeth because my sister Lisa is having her wisdom teeth taken out on Friday!

3 comments:

Kim said...

What is it with men and dentists? I don't know if they don't go because they aren't good with remembering to make appointments or if they don't go because they're big wusses! LOL!

Kim said...

Susan, is Keith controlling his BP with meds. now? My dad has had high BP since he was in his 30's. He's now 67. So he's been on meds. for a long time. Did they recommend that he change his eating habits or exercise more? I'm just curious what the doctor said.

Kim said...

Susan, I hope he gets his meds. adjusted. Maybe that's all he needs.