Sunday, February 12, 2006

A trip to the theater.....

Melissa and I took Kyra and Jake to see "Curious George" this afternoon. What's pitiful is that I cannot remember the last time I saw a movie in the theater. I honestly think that it was before Kyra was born. I did the coolest thing though. I went online beforehand and bought tickets. It was much easier that way and we just walked right in. I used fandango.com to do it.

Things haven't changed much. Concessions still cost an arm and a leg. I think it's gotten worse. I got Kyra a "Kid's Reel" and that came with a small drink, a small popcorn, and a little travel size M&M for $4.75. Before we got to the theater, I went by a convenient store and bought some peanuts and a flavored water and tucked it in my purse. I think I'm gong to do that next time for Kyra....especially if we go more often. Stupid expensive food!

The movie was good. I was thinking that children's movies, especially animated ones would be a lot more interesting if I'd have a drink or two beforehand! LOL! Do they sell THOSE at the theater? ;)

1 comment:

Lynda said...

The Kid Reel actually sounds like a good deal for theater food. Which is kind of sad, if you think about it.