Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Another daddy's girl.....

Maeve is shaping up to be another daddy's girl. Sure I'm the mommy and we are still nursing, but when daddy walks in the room, it's all over with. She wants him to pick her up. Today she was sitting on my lap and following him with her eyes all over the room. As he would get closer to her, she'd start waving her arms and giggling. She really adores him. He took her outside today and when he brought her back inside, she started crying. Then she didn't want to have anything to do with me. I was bummed. It was the first time that she hasn't wanted mommy. :(

I can remember Richard feeling so left out during the first month or two of her life. He said, "All she wants to do is nurse and be with mommy. She doesn't even know I'm here."

Boy has all of that changed in just a few short months. ;)

DADDY ROCKS!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Funny.

My Nana was telling me yesterday how she thinks that grandpa is the only one Gomer recognizes other than her mommy and daddy. She said she just lights up whenever my dad is around.

I think she recognizes me, though. I don't see her much, but she's never acted shy or unwilling to greet me. She always grins and laughs when I greet her.

Over Christmas, I was holding her and walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. She got panicky for a moment, looked over my shoulder at Aaron and whined "Da-da..." because she couldn't see him anymore. It was cute.

The best, though, was when she woke up that morning and Jessica took her into the living room and sat her on the couch next to Jamie so she could go and shower. Jamie had slept on the couch that night and there's sleepy Auntie Jamie and not-quite-awake-yet Gomer vegging on the couch staring at the t.v.

I loved it.

Kim said...

Awwww....I heart Gomer. She's such a cutie pie.

Maeve gets ticked when Richard comes home from work and doesn't acknowledge her. She makes a ridiculous amount of noise till he goes over to her. Then she laughs and gets this satisfied look on her face.

Kim said...

Body Flow is a licensed program that the gyms pay big bucks to have. As certified instructors, we are the only ones that have access to the CDs/DVDs. In other words, they aren't available for the general public to buy anywhere. Sorry.

If you want more info, go to:
www.lesmills.com
www.btstalk.com

Emily said...

LOL
Well...there is just something special about a girl and her daddy...I'm all grown up and still a daddy's girl....