Friday, January 27, 2006

Losing my sanity....

It's been one of those days. It's almost 4:00 and I'm finally getting a break (sort of). Maeve is taking her 3rd nap of the day because she doesn't want to nap for more than an hour at a time. When she is awake, she is not happy by herself for more than about 2 minutes. She has to see me at all times, but seeing me isn't enough. She wants me to pick her up. I pick her up and then she wants down on the floor again. I put her there and she screams in frustration because she cannot crawl anywhere. Then the entire cycle starts all over again. I'm exhausted. She's been wanting to nurse, nurse, nurse, so I think she's hit the 9 month growth spurt. Her teeth are through, but she's still fussy, so I bet it's the growth spurt. She's still got a stuffy nose doesn't seem to be getting any better, so when I try to wipe it, she gets really angry. She hates that. Ugh.

Then Kyra comes in here at 3 this afternoon and says, "I'm ready for dinner." WTF? This child has to be eating about every 30 minutes during the day. She's driving me crazy!

I think I need a drink....(j/k)

4 comments:

Jen said...

LOL! My eyes caught sight of the bottom part of your post first and all I saw was "Kyra said...WTF

I was all excited thinking you were posting about Kyra's first swear words! That's very bad of me. Bad, Bad Auntie Jen!

How is the baby sign language going and what are the chances of teaching Maeve to wipe her own nose? Or maybe she would be more willing if Kyra did it for her?

If you like, you may drop them both off at Mona's and road trip here for the weekend. Our apartment came with a dry bar and it is Kevin's pride and joy to keep it stocked at all times. Tequilla? Vodka? DiSarrono? Champagne? WE can do margaritas, mimosas, amaretto sours, amaretto coffees, vodka collins, tequila sunrises...

When shall I expect you?

Lynda said...

You just posted Maeve was a Daddy's girl! lol.

Kim said...

Oh Kyra has said "shit" before. She did it under her breath when she got frustrated that she couldn't do something. It was hilarious. Richard and I were like, "What did you say?" She said, "Nothing." LOL!

I need to drop them off at Lisa and Nathan's one weekend. They are on the way to your house! ;)

I'm kind of lacking in the sign language department. Bad mommy. I always forget and something (Kyra) distracts me.

Kim said...

Lynda, yes and since Richard works tonight, he slept all day. Otherwise, he would have helped me! LOL!