Saturday, January 07, 2006

Harder than I thought....

I was just reading Jen's blog and decided to search the Petfinder for chihuahuas in this area just for the heck of it. What I didn't realize is that most shelters will not allow chihuahuas to go to homes with small children. Ugh. Honestly, we would probably do the exact same thing that we did before and just look through the classifieds and buy a puppy. But I feel in my heart that rescuing a dog would be wonderful too. So, we'll see what happens once a year or two passes. We know that we want another dog. It's just a matter of when. I think we'll wait till Maeve is around 2 years old. By then Mia will be about 7 1/2 years old! Yep, I definitely see the baby fever hitting around that time and since there will be no more babies for us, we'll just get another dog! LOL!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is odd about the shelters- although it's understandable. And I'm sure they would take into consideration that you've successfully raised one chihuaha around children...

Lynda said...

That is weird because some dogs love small children.

Some humane socieites will keep your name on file if you want a chihauhua and one comes in. They get pure breeds sometimes.