Sunday, January 22, 2006

Oh how I've missed thee....

I woke up this morning (after a rough night with the baby) to such a welcome sight. It's raining! I even had to strain my ears, but I heard thunder too!

I LOVE weather like this. Since there's nothing better to do, I always get in the mood to clean my house. Either that, or I just want to crawl back under the covers (which I will do when Maeve goes back to sleep).

This weather makes me want to cuddle with my Mia too. I bet she'll come take a nap with me. :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

It rained here, too. About the time I decided I'd lingered in bed long enough for Kevin to feel like I'd "slept in and cuddled" with him. I got up because I went to bed with a terrible head/back ache that didn't stop all night despite the double dose of codeine pills I took. Every time I woke up, my head was still pounding and so was the blood in my veins. So, I finally get up an hour later than usual, to walk the dog and no sooner do my feet hit the floor then I see "is that lightning? in the daytime? how weird..." apparently it had been raining for a while, but the actual thunderstorm part of it was just now passing over.

So, 45 more minutes lingering in bed and Kansas was quite polite about it.

Kim said...

Lisa and Nathan just left with Kyra. They came to Austin to run some errands and take her out to eat. They left Calli at home. Calli hates thunder and they had some this morning, so they had to medicate her so she'd calm down. Poor doggie.

They said that Raider is moping around today. He had a date on Friday night with a female Chocolate Lab that belongs to some friends of theirs. Lisa said that he was in heaven. LOL!

Lynda said...

I love thunderstorms, but in Indiana, we really should be having some snow.