Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Self portrait #2....

I hope it's ok that I'm not in this photograph. I just love this one though, so I had to post it. This is my maternal grandfather, Leslie Getschmann, my mom (the baby) Delores Getschmann Brossmann, and my maternal grandmother, Evelyn Kiesling Getschmann (my Granny). There are a lot of reasons why I love this photograph. First of all, I never got to meet my grandfather. He died several years before I was born. I heard that he was quite a character though. And look at the baby! That's my mom. I think that my girls favor her a lot....especially Kyra. I see a bit of her in Maeve though too. My mom was a very chunky baby as well. My Granny just looks so happy and content. I think that she looks a lot like my Aunt Sandra (her daughter) here.

Thanks for taking a peek at my "Self Portrait Tuesday". I almost forgot to post one today!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! I always find it fascinating how much elderly people still resemble their younger photos. I've only seen one picture of Granny that you posted a long time ago, but this definitely looks like her.

And I was going to say that your mom's baby pic looks an awful lot like Kyra's and then you posted the same thought!

Lynda said...

I think it is your blog, so post the picture you want. Without your mom and Granny, you wouldn't be here.

And it is a great picture!

:)