Thursday, January 19, 2006

I was right....

I looked at Maeve today and marveled at how different she is compared to Kyra. This is what I wrote last year. I just had a feeling that this kid would totally take me by surprise. She sure has. Things are so different this time around. Here's what I'm talking about.

-Maeve does not like to sleep. She's a pretty good sleeper at night (getting up once to nurse), but she could care less about naps. Kyra was a 12 hour per night sleeper and required 2 naps per day. Maeve does not sleep 12 hours and naps for maybe 2-3 hours total during the day. Kyra's one nap would be 2-3 hours! LOL!

-Kyra loved to sit on my lap and cuddle. She still does! When Maeve is done nursing, she fights to get off of my lap. She wants on the floor pronto so that she can play. Little Miss Independent. Ack!

-Kyra crawled and pulled herself up to stand at 6 1/2 months. Maeve is nowhere near ready for that. She is so laid back about it....just taking her sweet time. She is pretty frustrated at times when she can't "army crawl" fast enough though.

-Kyra went through horrible separation anxiety around the 6 month mark. Either Maeve is late with that or hers won't be as bad. Maeve lets anyone hold her and always flashes a smile. The other week when we went to church, she was flirting with the people behind us. That's another thing. It was torture to get Kyra to smile. Not this kid. She sees a camera and goes crazy.

-And have you seen Maeve? ;) Not only are her eyes blue, but her hair is coming in blonde on top. WTF?

2 comments:

Lynda said...

My brother and I were really different too. He was the outgoing one, and I was the shy one.

Have you ever read The Birth Order Book. I think that is the title. It is really interesting.

Kim said...

I might have to take a look at that book.

My sister and I are like night and day. A lot of people can't believe that we're sisters. We look nothing alike.