Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Granny!

Today my Granny would have been 82 years old. I miss her more than words can say. It's the little things that I miss the most. She would send Kyra a card for every holiday. I miss the sound of her voice when she'd answer the phone. I miss how she'd almost curse when a train came by her house while we were on the phone. I miss her walking up to the front door when we'd arrive at her house. I miss all of the good smells that greeted us....for we knew that she always had something in the oven or on the stove. I miss watching her read passages from the Bible before bed. I miss the way that she looked at Kyra....her one and only great-grandchild. I miss watching her blow kisses as we drove away.

Kyra still asks about her. She knows exactly who she was. The other day while we were in the store, I told Kyra that Granny's birthday was on Monday. Kyra said, "Will she have cake and balloons?" I said, "Yes, she will. She'll have a special birthday in Heaven."

3 comments:

Jen said...

Now Granny has two great-granchildren!

Did you take up a few of her traditions as your own?

Kim said...

Not really. There are a lot of recipes that I got from her though. I need to whip up some of them sometime.

Lynda said...

Aw, I am sorry. It is always hard to lose a loved one.