Monday, January 09, 2006

I need a drink....

I never thought that I'd say that, but it's true. Maeve is driving me bonkers. She doesn't want to nap for more than 30-45 minutes at a time and it's obvious that she's overtired. I'm getting tired of putting her down only to have her wailing just a short time later. Nights are better, but not much. She's still waking 2-3 times per night. Right now, she's crying in her crib after I've put her down TWICE for bed already tonight. Ugh. I hate this stage. Sleep is sleep and you need it! Kyra was a wonderful sleeper and still is. This kid is totally different. She thinks that there are too many exciting things happening and doesn't want to miss anything. Therefore she doesn't sleep well. I would say that it's teeth, but I really don't believe it is. I believe that it's either waking out of habit or having a bit of separation anxiety. She's never wanted to be rocked or nursed to sleep, so trying that isn't an option. Neither is co-sleeping. I want my bed to myself and so does she.

Think if I drank a glass of wine every once in a while it would help her to sleep better? ;)

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Hmmmm....so that is why is started sleeping 2 hours....


;-)