Friday, January 20, 2006

Well what do ya know....

I found this article in my hometown newspaper this morning.

http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/front/story/3273821p-3789683c.html

A few weeks ago, I blogged about uninsured motorists. This article brought up some good ideas on how to tackle the problem (which is bigger than I thought). I just don't think impounding is the answer. I like the guy's comment that "there isn't a wrecker yard big enough to hold all of the vehicles." So true.

And if you suspend a license because of no insurance, the person is going to find a way to drive anyway.

Anybody got better ideas?

1 comment:

Lynda said...

They need to take out a few pieces of the car, like at the end of Sound of Music. They only get them back after their suspension is over.

If they buy new parts, they go to jail for 20 years.