Sunday, January 08, 2006

The inevitable....

Maeve and I have hit a rough spot in nursing right now. She's VERY distracted and doesn't want to nurse. I don't think it's a full blown nursing strike or even a sign that she's weaning, but it's something that's bothering me a lot right now. I want her to nurse! I do not want to buy formula for the next few months! Hopefully this little stage will pass. She does nurse well at night (*yawn*).

I also realized something else tonight. Aunt Flo hasn't visited me since July of 2004! LOL! I know I'm probably jinxing myself by saying that because chances are with Maeve nursing less and less, she'll make an appearance on my doorstep very soon. Ugh. I dread that. I mean, I REALLY dread that. I wish she'd stay away!

Other than that, things are fine. I can't believe in a few months, we'll be celebrating Maeve's 1st Birthday! WOW! Time flies! Those of you with itty bitty newborns better enjoy it while you can!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! I can't believe that, either.

You know, alot of the baseball moms were talking about cutting out some of the feedings at this age. They all agreed the nighttime one would be the last feeding to give up and the most difficult...maybe Maeve is eating enough solid food that she's not hungry as often in between solid food meals. Or maybe pumping and giving her it by bottle would work?

Lynda said...

I was just catching up. The Aunt Flo comment cracked me up. Instead of Aunt Flo, I have my friend TOM visit me. (Time Of Month) I always joke with my husband that I figure TOM fits because only a man can aggrevate me that much during that time.

Kim said...

I might have to resort to pumping during these next few months. *sigh* All I know is that I'm not buying formula. Richard agreed. It's just too hard on the pocketbook.

I just nursed her and when it's totally quiet, she's fine. Kyra knows that when Maeve and I sit on that chair, she has to leave the room. I don't even ask her to anymore. She just does. LOL!