Friday, January 20, 2006

Argh!

I'm furious with the Body Flow gods tonight. I sit here reviewing tracks for tomorrow's launch and noticed that they made a "boo boo". The music for track 1 on the DVD and CD are different! How the heck did that happen? Crap. It's not too noticeable, but it's enough to throw me off. I swear that I sat here and played the CD and then the DVD over and over again. They *did* indeed goof. Now my brain hurts.

I'll be so glad when tomorrow is over with and I can work the kinks out. It usually takes a week or two to get everything "down" the way I should.

5 comments:

Jen said...

THAT is so frustrating! I would have been irritated, too! Actually, you sound alot more calm than I think I would have been, but I've been quite irrational and quick-tempered this week.

What are the songs? I remember you said they'd finally started using 32-count phrasing on everything; does that help in this instance, or make it worse?

Kim said...

They don't always make all of the movements/poses flow to a 32 count. Sometimes it's a 16 ct. or an 8 ct. Very confusing. It seems on this release that they decided to make everything pretty even though to a 32 ct. (for example, holding Warrior 2 for a 32 count). It was a lot easier to learn.

Launch went well. I screwed up minorly. Now to just figure out what the heck to do with that first track. Ugh.

Jen said...

Improvise? After all, it is a warmup and your members are accustomed to the tai-chi, etc... that usually makes up that track. Or reconfigure the routine so that it better fits the song. Or get a copy of the song they use on the DVD and play it for the warmup, then switch CDs for the rest of the routine.

Did you call the company and ask them if they're aware of the problem? I'm curious to know what they'd say.

Kim said...

I'm going to address the issue with our Gold's Director and see what she says. The least they could do is send us some newly written notes on how we should teach that track since it's different from what's on the DVD. I guess they think that since the goof is so small that it's not worth mentioning.

Lynda said...

You might want to write the Body Flow people and see if they released a correction CD.

That sucks, though.