Sunday, January 08, 2006

Thank God they're ok.....

Richard and Kyra took my dad's truck to Cabela's earlier today to see the National Championship trophy. Richard said that there was a line "longer than the ones for the rides at Fiesta Texas", so they opted not to get out and wait in line. Richard wanted to go and take some old oil to the new Auto Zone in Kyle. He went back to Sonic to get Kyra something to drink and as they were pulling out onto the access road, a van tried to make a quick right hand turn FROM THE EXIT RAMP to get to Sonic and hit the drivers side doors of my dad's truck. Richard dodged the vehicle....otherwise it would have been much worse. Richard is fine. Kyra is fine. My dad's not mad. It was entirely the other person's fault. It's just lovely that they have NO INSURANCE, so my dad will probably have to pay a $500 deductible to get his truck fixed. Richard thinks that there ought to be a $1000 fine for anyone not carrying insurance and $500 of that should go to the other person to pay their deductible. I wholeheartedly agree. Richard stayed there and even had a witness that saw the entire thing. The cops showed up and gave the lady without insurance not one, but TWO tickets! Sweet! I think she deserves it. Richard said that she didn't try to beat around the bush and told the cops everything that happened and her story and Richard's story matched. Good.

I'm just glad that Kyra and Richard are fine. It could have been a lot worse. My dad took my car to the scene to get Kyra and when he brought her home, she was crying, but now she seems to be ok.

Pbbblllltttt to stupid drivers!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Ugh...thank goodness no one was hurt.

Why is it the idiots with no insurance that are always the ones causing accidents???

Jen said...

Hug Kyra for me!

Good reflexes, Richard!

Kim said...

My dad said that he's been in 5 wrecks in his life and all 5 were not his fault AND in all 5 the other parties had no insurance. Idiots.

Lynda said...

Man, instead of giving her two tickets, they should have taken away her license and towed her car.

I am glad everyone is ok though, and that it wasn't worse!