Sunday, January 15, 2006

Poop horror.....

My MIL is in town this weekend and on Saturday night, we decided to venture to one of our favorite restaurants for a bite to eat. The kids were so good. Kyra was eating some rolls before we got our meal and Maeve was eating her jar of sweet potatoes that I had taken along. Life was good until MIL pointed out that Maeve was making a funny face. That's when the trouble began. All of a sudden I hear Kyra say, "Mommy, it's coming out of the back of her pants." Yeah, sure Kyra. Then MIL leans over and nods her head. Lovely. I grab a few napkins and wipe off what I can off of her and the high chair she was sitting in. Then Richard and I hightail it to a restroom. It's a small, private restroom. It *is* the women's restroom though. LOL! As luck would have it, there's no changing station. Ugh. So, Richard holds Maeve while we strip her down and wipe, wipe, wipe. Then I have to put the new diaper on the child while Richard's holding her. That was a feat within itself. Luckily, I always pack an extra change of clothes in her bag. Boy did it come in handy last night. We got her dressed and I washed up and returned with both kids (yeah, by this time Kyra had to see what was going on and our entire family was in the women's restroom) to our table. Richard washed up after me and rolled the dirty clothes into two extra diapers and then got out of there. I'm sure he got some stares when he walked out of the women's restroom, but oh well.

MIL said that I had a look of horror when I had discovered that Maeve had exploded everywhere. She said that it was priceless. Yeah, thanks. After that, we finally got to enjoy our meal.

I will never forget that experience. Kids seem to pick the most inopportune times to do things like that. *sigh*

6 comments:

Jen said...

OH

MY...

No kids for me....you handled it quite admirably, though. Guess you'll have to take Kyra seriously more often.

Kim said...

It actually wasn't that bad. We just sort of waltzed out of there and cleaned her up. I still can't believe that so much poop came out of that little body! LOL!

Yeah, Kyra doesn't lie that much, but I thought she was fibbing us last night.

Jen said...

Well, I guess Maeve is definitely eating enough and often enough, then!

Poor kid, she's probably been ready to pop for days and that's why she wouldn't nurse much!

Emily said...

Oh, lovely timing, eh...lol

I can vividly remember my various kiddos having their public explosions...hopefully now you have met your quota with Maeve.
;)

Lynda said...

Calem has a lot of public explosions as well. One of the worst was when they were waiting for his mom to get out of surgery for her brain tumor. My parents practically had to give him a bath in the hospital sink, without actually putting him in the sink.

Then, the next day, he did it again. lol. Thank goodness for paper towels!!

Lynda said...

Oh, and I don't know about Maeve, but it also seems like every time it happens, something has to be pulled over his head, poor kid.