Monday, January 16, 2006

Free stuff....

I was at the gym this morning and caught a bit of "The View" while in the dressing room. Marcia Cross from "Desperate Housewives" was on there and they had asked her what she and her co-stars gab about. She said that they talk about men and about the free stuff that they get from appearing on awards shows. Huh? They get FREE stuff? There's something wrong with this picture. I know what the purpose is though. See, the makers of those products hope and pray that a celebrity will use one of the products and like it and want to endorse it so that WE will buy it. Ugh. Man that should be the other way around. Hey, if someone out there wants to give me free stuff so that I can pitch it to celebrities, then I'm all for it. I won't promise that they'll buy it, but if it means free stuff for me, then I'll give it a try. Us poor folks need some attention and pampering too ya know. ;)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I know- it makes me mad every time I'm reminded of it. I think the "goody bags" they get for attentding awards shows are the most ridiculous of all.

I want somebody to give me free stuff for no reason- we deserve it just as much as they do! You know there's no way they actually use it all. And they should have to compensate for it on their income taxes just like employees do if they win a certain number or $ amount of awards on the job.

Lynda said...

Yeah, I think that it just plain unfair. I mean, the people with more money than they will ever use end up with the free stuff, yet us peons have to buy it.

Give us the free stuff!!